Thursday, February 10, 2011

Recently...

Aloha-

Here are some photos of what I've been up to lately.  I've been quite a busy bee!  I appologize for not having a video up, but hopefully when my husband, Adam gets home from training he'll be able to record for me.  The main reason really, for not having as much yarn up in my Etsy shop is because I'm still working on yarn for Christmas presents.  Those are temporarily suspended as of now, because I've FINALLY been able to finish the white angora/silk/merino blend of fingering weight that has been sitting on my bobbins for about two months now!!  

Also, recently I have found the most amazing commercial yarn for my monokinis I am crocheting for my Etsy shop from this wonderful lys called Aloha Yarn located in Kaneohe, HI.  This is called Cascade Cotton Rich DK made of 64% cotton and 36% nylon so the swimsuit will have stretch and be able to wear in water.  I purchased some other yarn to test out for swimwear- Cascade Fixation (98.3% Cotton & 1.7% Elastic) and Crystal Palace Yarn 'Bamboozle' (55% Bamboo, 24% Cotton, & 21% Elastic Nylon).

Also, my most recent project- taking an old wedding dress and spinning art yarn from it.  I thought it would be quick seeing as though it would fill up the bobbin quickly, but having to cut the fabric into strips takes alot of work!!  I love it though, and I have a dream of seeing this as a very couture high-fashion cowl or neck wear.  Here's a sneak peak-



Today, I am custom dyeing a skein for a fellow etsian - VeryChicBaby .  And I've decided since I'm whipping out the dyes, to dye alot of fiber.  I will post up photos sometime tomorrow of this process, and hopefully start spinning some!  I love coloring yarn and fiber!!! Must get back to work!  Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment